Benefits that go Beyond the Bond
Structural bonding is the most effective joining technique employed in the body shop. Car manufacturers around the world rely on SikaPower® adhesives for a broad range of applications. In addition to proven high-performance joining – with similar mixed metal or mixed material surfaces – SikaPower® delivers a long list of performance and process benefits, including increased car body stiffness, excellent oil absorption and wash-out resistance, long-term corrosion resistance, long shelf-life and a reduction in the number of spot weld points required.
Full Body of Structural Solutions
SikaPower® structural adhesives lower overall car weight and manufacturing cost while significantly increasing mechanical and fatigue performance. Same or mixed material joining, the strong performance of SikaPower® joining technologies are proven - over decades of use.
SikaPower® cold pumpable adhesives have the superior performance needed for automotive structural applications, especially in the area of wash-out resistance.
- Full car body structures
- Mixed-material bonding
- Hem-flange bonding
- Can be applied with standard cold or warm pumping equipment
- Lower warranty cost – excellent aging durabilt
- Increased car body stiffness – high E-modulus and Tg
- Cost-saving – reduction of spot welding points
- Excellent wash-out performance
- Minimized maintenance efforts and excellent shelf life