Sika® AktivatorFor direct glazing applications, Sika® Aktivator can be used on ceramic frits, glass float, and painted surfaces pre-treatments. Used as a standalone product or in combination with Sika Primer, it allows for primerless adhesion to paint and/or glass leading – a significant cost reduction which also helps reduce VOC emissions.
Our Sika® Primer direct glazing pre-treatment systems are widely used throughout the industry but we also offer Sika® Primer products that are specifically designed to support our OEM customers in achieving their weight reduction targets. For example, we offer a one-step, long open time black primer which can be used for pre-treatment of standard substrates like ceramic and paint, as well as plastics, carbon, aluminum, and other lightweight materials.
Sika® Cleaner is used to remove potential contaminations – like dust, fingerprints, and silicone agents – prior to the application of Sika® Aktivator, Sika® Primer, and other pre-treatments. It also improves the immediate, as well as long-term, stability of the adhesion.
Main Material Properties
- Suitable for manual and robotic applications
- UV-detectable on a variety of substrates
- Improves immediate and long term adhesion
- Direct glazing
- Mixed material bonding (CFRP, Aluminum, Steel, PC, PP)
- Trim part bonding
- Eliminates pre-treatment steps – leads to a reduction of VOC emissions
- Reduces cost by eliminating extra steps in the process
- Gives designers greater flexibility in material selection