Flexible Sealing Solutions
SikaPower® body shop sealant is a one-part, cold-applied, humidity or thermal pre-curable, heat-curing sealant based on epoxy and polyurethane, and is specifically designed for sealing seams and joints in sheet metal assembly work in the body shop.
The sealant forms a thin skin, at ambient temperature, within approx. four hours of exposure to atmospheric moisture. This makes it resistant to wash out and over paintable in the e-coat process. It can also be used to bond oily substrates because oil uptake (during heat curing) is an essential part of the application process.
Our broad product range has all requirements covered in the assembly process, including the seams. SikaPower® seam sealing material can be applied by a robot or manually, and is brushable.
- Sealing A pillars
- Header tank sealing
- Aluminum and steel sealing
- Metal to metal seams where long term joint protection is required
- Pre-curing through exposure to atmospheric moisture
- Can be electro- or powder-coated after moisture pre-curing
- Wash-out resistance
- Adheres to oily substrate