High-Performance Primerless PUR Adhesives
30 years ago, we introduced our first innovative primerless to glass and paint systems at BMW and since that time, we’ve continued to advance the industry’s understanding of the bonding process and PUR chemistry. Today, we provide OEM and Tier customers with a variety of innovative high-performance solutions – including our Sikaflex® one-component polyurethane adhesives. These versatile adhesives are applied to a wide variety of substrates in direct glazing, mixed material bonding, and trim part bonding applications.
Main Material Properties
- Ultra-low to ultra-high shear modulus
- Excellent resistance to stress delamination in a large range of climates
- Primerless adhesion to paint and glass/ceramic frits on a broad variety of substrates
- Accelerated one-component PUR systems – in combination with Sika®Booster
- Direct glazing
- Mixed material bonding (CFRP, Aluminum, Steel, PC, PP)
- Trim part bonding
- Excellent non-read-through performance
- Semi-structural assembly of mixed materials
- Cost reductions created through the use of primerless direct glazing systems
- Stable mechanical properties over service temperature range (i-cure)
Sikaflex® - Repair Solutions
Your “all-in-one” Portfolio for Professional Glass Replacement
To most drivers, the windshield is just a window to the world. To an automotive engineer, it’s part of an important safety system that supports the airbag in the event of a crash and plays an important role in enhancing the structural stiffness of a vehicle. It’s no surprise then, that windshield replacement is no simple task.
Glass replacement adhesives must meet standards, like FMVSS208/212, which defines performance requirements for occupant crash protection and windshield mounting. OEMs also have their own specifications related to safe drive-away time, modulus, antenna suitability, and more; requirements that have also become ‘standard’ for windshield repair applications.
With our Sika® Aktivator, SikaPrimer®, Sikaflex®, and SikaTack® products, we offer a full variety of professional repair products for glass replacement:
- Our PUR-adhesives are developed according to OEM requirements and meet all of their specifications
- Our Sikaflex®-250 product family, one-component repair adhesives can be cold- or warm-applied and cure with humidity
- SikaTack®, when combined with SikaBooster® is an accelerated adhesive system, which cures independently of humidity
- Sika® Aktivator and Sika® Primer are proven process-friendly pre-treatment products
This “all-in-one” customized repair set allows repair facilities to professionally complete glass replacement with a short safe drive-away time that meets the requirements of FMVSS 208/212, as well as OEM requirements.