Lightweight Crash or Stiffening Performance
Plastic-based SikaStructure® is designed to be used as part of our body-strengthening structural insert system. The SikaStructure® carrier is a stiff, 3-dimensional shape, which is optimized using CAE simulation to ensure optimal crash or stiffening performance, at the lowest possible weight. When secured to the vehicle cavity using a SikaReinforcer® foam or a SikaPower® adhesive, the system creates a stronger vehicle structure and creates exciting new reinforcement options for vehicle engineers.
SikaStructure® / SikaReinforcer® - SikaStructure® carriers are combined with over-molded SikaReinforcer® foam and delivered as a single part that can be inserted into the body cavity robotically or manually.
SikaStructure® / SikaPower® - SikaPower® adhesive beads are applied to the surface of the SikaStructure® carrier, ensuring a strong bond between the part and the sheet metal. The structural inserts can be robotically or manually inserted into the vehicle cavity.
A variety of SikaReinforcer® configurations are available, depending on the needs of the specific application:
- Range of materials with 30 to 50% fiberglass content to achieve specific Young's Modulus targetsGood adhesion properties with SikaPower® or SikaReinforcer® foam
- Optimized surfaces and design for perfect bonding with SikaPower® or SikaReinforcer® foam
- Low material mass – CAE-optimized design
- Adapted for NVH, local stiffness, fatigue or crash applications
- Greater design freedom – can be created for any 3-dimensional shape