High-Strength, High-Value Solutions
During a crash, conventional car body structures collapse and deform. Conventional solutions to this challenge utilize metal reinforcements, increased material thickness or alternative high-strength material grades, which creates additional material costs, weight increases or complex assembly processes.
SikaReinforcer® structural inserts help to efficiently distribute the load over a larger surface and ensure high levels of crash performance without added weight, cost or complexity. This allows designers and engineers to imagine new possibilities and push the limitations of conventional vehicle designs by utilizing ever-thinner sheet metal, imagining new assembly processes or reducing section dimensions, without compromising crash performance.
SAFETY FIRST: MEETING ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS
Depending on the load level and on the existing process in the plant, we offer a wide range of structural solutions including SikaReinforcer® foam and SikaReinforcer HSB (High Strength Bonding). Our engineering team is ready to assist customers in evaluating and developing a solution that meets all of their requirements and maximizes the potential of their design.
- A-, B- and C-pillars (upper and lower)
- Roof frames
- Rocker, sill
- High performing HSB system – in crash cases
- Weight reduction – compared to equivalent performing metal solution
- Flexible design possibilities – can be adapted to any complex metal sheet design
- Easy implementation for derivative models – such as hybrids and electrical versions