Multi-Purpose Polyurethane-Based Adhesives
SikaForce® two-component (2C) polyurethane-based adhesives are used to bond various combinations of plastics, metals (coated and uncoated) and composites, primarily in assembly processes. They typically consist of a polyol-based resin and an isocyanate-based hardener, which can be processed using commercial metering and mixing machines. They cure at room temperature; however, the process is accelerated at higher temperatures (up to a max. of 100 °C).
MAIN MATERIAL PROPERTIES
Sika offers two types of 2C adhesives. Our engineers can help you identify the right adhesive based on the requirements of your application.
SikaForce® flexible adhesives:
- E-Modulus: 1 – 6 MPa
- Tensile strength: 1 – 6 MPa
- Elongation: 150 – 400 %
SikaForce® structural adhesives:
- E-Modulus: 7 – 2000 MPa
- Tensile strength: 7 – 30 MPa
- Elongation: 10 – 150 %
- Structural components
- Roofs and hang-on parts
SikaForce® adhesives require a metering machine and a dynamic or static mixing system to properly mix the two components. Our System Engineering team is available to provide advice on selecting and setting up a suitable pump system and mixing unit.
- Broad adhesion range – with or without physical pre-treatment (no primer needed)
- Fast handling strength with heat activation (cycle times < 2 min possible)
- Cures at room temperature
- Excellent aging resistance against environmental influences -