OEM approved Glass Replacement Systems
Your “all-in-one” Portfolio for Professional Glass Replacement
To most drivers, the windshield is just a window to the world. To an automotive engineer, it’s part of an important safety system that supports the airbag in the event of a crash and plays an important role in enhancing the structural stiffness of a vehicle. It’s no surprise then, that windshield replacement is no simple task.
Glass replacement adhesives must meet standards, like FMVSS208/212, which defines performance requirements for occupant crash protection and windshield mounting. OEMs also have their own specifications related to safe drive-away time, modulus, antenna suitability and more; requirements that have also become ‘standard’ for windshield repair applications.
With our Sika® Aktivator, SikaPrimer®, Sikaflex® and SikaTack® products, we offer a full variety of professional repair products for glass replacement:
- Our PUR-adhesives are developed according to OEM requirements and meet all of their specifications
- Our Sikaflex®-250 product family, one-component repair adhesives can be cold- or warm-applied and cure with humidity
- SikaTack®, when combined with SikaBooster® is an accelerated adhesive system, which cures independent of humidity
- Sika® Aktivator and Sika® Primer are proven, process-friendly pre-treatment products
This “all-in-one” customized repair set allows repair facilities to professionally complete glass replacement with a short safe drive-away time that meets the requirements of FMVSS 208/212, as well as OEM requirements.
- Glass replacement
- Re-work in the plant
- Short Safe-Drive-Away time
- Re-install to original conditions
- Accelerated PUR-Adhesives system